Sunday, July 15, 2012

ITALIAN HORROR WEEK: The Battle for Sunday Bloody Sunday!

 In honor of Italian Horror Week on the blog of my great friend Jimmy Terror - Dr. Terror's Blog of Horrors, I have accepted his challenge to enter into a blog war of sorts:  the battle for the best Italian horror themed Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Sunday Bloody Sunday is my own brain-child, and I've had well over a hundred Bloody posts in the past for your viewing pleasure.  But I was happy to allow my pal Jimmy to utilize the feature in such a fun way.

Naturally, to have it be Italian themed, we chose two of the bloodiest (and most popular) Italian directors, Lucio Fulci and Dario Argento. And while I'm a big fan of Fulci, my heart lies with Dario.
So I agreed to this craziness because I was given the opportunity to back Argento in this civil war of sorts.
You'll find my counterpart singing the praises of Fulci over on Dr. Terror's Blog of Horrors, so enjoy!

So now:  The Deepest Reds to give you an Inferno of Sleepless nights...



Tenebrae
 

Deep Red (Profondo Rosso)



Opera

Sleepless

Suspiria

Opera

Profondo Rosso

Inferno

The Stendhal Syndrome

Phenomena


Suspiria

The Bird with the Crystal Plumage


Tenebrae


Profondo Rosso

Phenomena

Giallo

Opera

2 comments:

WizWor said...

The Tenebrae and Opera pics are tops, and Sleepless is the last Argento flick I actually liked. That picture shows why. Artisan butchered the hell out of that film... so much better to see Uncut.

Also, the Suspiria pic.

Argento for the win.

James Gracey said...

Argento always manages to find the line between morbidly beautiful and utterly disturbing. He gets my vote every time.