Thursday, July 7, 2011

More Memorable Moments In Horror: So This Would Be Part 11, Right?

About a year and a half ago I did a series on this blog called Memorable Moments in Horror.  I think in total I picked about a hundred or so moments within movies that resonate with me, freaked me out, and had me thinking about them long after.  Well it seems a hundred just isn't enough.  Between remembering bits in movies I forgot and adding new movies made within the last couple years, I came up with a whole slew of new ones. 
And once again, there will be several parts...

So here goes:


A glance across the lake (The Innocents)


Farmer Bill burns down the house with his wife & kids inside.
(The Crazies, 2010)


"What are you doing here?"  (Session 9)



The Reveal  (Rosemary's Baby)


...No Swimming  (Creepshow:  The Raft)


Beautiful death courtesy of Argento.   (Suspiria)


The only demonic rabbit I know.  (Donnie Darko)


Just an owl??  (The Fourth Kind)


A feast for the wolves   (Frozen)


Meeting the (scary-as-shit) Pale Man  (Pan's Labyrinth)

6 comments:

DOC TERROR said...

I'm still irked by the scene in the Raft. Still. Creepshow II was on the other night. Watched all of Old Chief Woodenhead and then decided I didn't want to have oil slick nightmares. I totally pussed!

Christine Hadden said...

I think Creepshow 2 is pretty underrated actually. My fave is the Hitchhiker one. That dude haunted my dreams for months afterward. I just kept hearing "Thanks for the ride, lady!" Aahhh!

babyfivetongues said...

Looking at a snapshot of the Pale Man while listening to Julee Cruise. Thanks. You rule.

Did you like Frozen? I had to watch it on fast forward. The dialogue was painful.

Christine Hadden said...

Actually, I did enjoy Frozen quite a bit. I WAS annoyed with the girl character on several occasions and *SPOILER ALERT FOR OTHERS* was rather ticked that it was her that lived. Thought there should have been a 'final guy' instead. But I thought the tension was palpable and after watching it decided I would certainly NEVER go skiing. Like, ever.

Budd said...

did the boat ride in Willy Wonka make this list at some point?

Christine Hadden said...

Budd: Just for you, I'm going to add it to the next round. It hadn't crossed my mind, but damn well should have. Quite frightening!