Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Bloody Sunday: Celebrating a Year of Carnage

This post will mark the 52nd Sunday Bloody Sunday! When I posted the very first SBS all those weeks ago, I really had no idea I was going to make it a regular feature - but then I kept running across great shots of gore here and there and voilà!, here we sit a year later.

SBS always seems to get the most comments, so I can only assume there are a whole lot of others out there equally as demented and macabre as myself. I thought about making this the last one, but seeing as how there will always be bloody good (or bad!) films out there, I'll keep bringing on the hemoglobin.

Therefore, in celebration of the red stuff, I've chosen 20 of my favorite shots from the last year.
So as Frank (above, Hellbound, Hellraiser 2) raises his glass, you should too! Here's to another year! Cheers!



The Shining



True Blood



Tenebrae



Voices (a.k.a. Someone Behind You)



Scanners



Ichi the Killer



I Spit on Your Grave (a.k.a. Day of the Woman)



The House by the Cemetery



Hostel 2



Frontier(s)



The Devil's Rejects



The Descent



Profondo Rosso (Deep Red)



Dead Snow



Day of the Dead



Carrie



Botched



Blood Feast




Alien



28 Weeks Later

T

2 comments:

Jeremy [Retro] said...

a double dose of blood today, i am actually grossed out by this sunday, bloody, sunday... thank you.

-Lou said...

Damn. That is one. Bloody. Post.