Friday, April 2, 2010

Horror Quotes: Round 2

Back in December I posted a selection of horror quotes and had you comment guesses as to what movies they were from. [Here's the link to"round one".]
It went over fairly well and I said I'd do a round two at some point.
So here we are.

Some are easy. Well, at least I think they are. Some, not so much.

Also- just so you know, there is one film from round one that is also present in round two. Fair enough?
And once again, yes - this pic is from one of the movies in question.

Good luck!

1) "The only thing I can't stand is their gibberish... how they keep ranting on and on."

2) "I prefer to use my hands. I believe people have lost their relationship with food."

3) "Sure, as long as the machines are working and you can dial 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, you scare the shit out of them - no more rules."

4) "Listen, just so you know, if you try to stop us, or vamp out in any way, I'll stake you without even thinking twice about it!"

5) "I said, is this your bitch? Cause if it is your bitch, you better shut your bitch up."

6) "What is it with reporters? You take one person's tragedy and force the world to experience it... spread it like sickness."

7) 'Whatever happens, death is not the end."

8) ''He's experienced about as much pain and suffering as anyone I've encountered, give or take, and he still has Hell to look forward to."

9) "I say to you, the enemy's ploy is a devious one, twisting the accursed into beasts he seeks to bring us low, and make us as animals."

10) "You kids keep your noses clean, you understand? You'll be hearing from me if you don't! We ain't gonna stand for any weirdness out here!"

11) "I will not be threatened by a walking meat loaf!"

12) "Sometimes the world of the living gets mixed up with the world of the dead."

13) "I had no idea you were so strong willed. I can see that once you make up your mind about something, nothing will change it for you. My compliments."

14) "Has it ever occurred to you that part of being a parent is tryin' to kill your kids?"

15) "I don't want a scandal, do I? We had had a very humiliating public confrontation. He was deranged. He was a lunatic! He didn't actually seem to like me very much; he had threatened to kill me in public."

16) "I hope life on Earth is everything you remember it to be."

17) "Do you buy all your murder weapons at Home Depot? God, you're butch!"

18) "That's some bad hat, Harry."

19) "For 30 years I had avoided that place. Yet I found my way back there with hardly an upward glance."

20) "You'll never know the fear of losing someone like you if you're someone like me."

Bonus:

Q1) "I kick arse for the Lord!"

Q2) "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

17 comments:

Kelsey the Ewok said...

I think #4 is Buffy and I think #12 is Corpse Bride!

Kelsey

Christine Hadden said...

Good guesses Kelsey, but wrong on both counts. Oh, and everything is from a movie, so no Buffy ;)

CRwM said...

2 is Hostel.

4 is Lost Boys?

17 is Jennifer's Body.

18 is Jaws.

Q1 is Dead Alive

Christine Hadden said...

CRwM : You are correct on all your guesses:)

Heather Santrous said...

In Kelsey's defense, Buffy was a movie before it became a series :)

Dorian Gray said...

Hmmm, I'm gonna say that #1 is Halloween (1978) and that #10 is Friday the 13th (1980)

ZedWord said...

Here's all the ones I could get or guess without cheating and googling them. I later googled the ones I didn't know and feel a darned fool for not realizing them. I've seen those movies. Anyways, good selection!

3) THE MIST

4) THE LOST BOYS

5) The Devil's Rejects(?)

7) THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW

9) THE WOLFMAN (2010)

16) MOON

18) JAWS

Bonus:

Q1) DEAD ALIVE (aka Brain Dead)

Q2) PONTYPOOL

Anonymous said...

#5 is from Joy Ride, me thinks :)

Christine Hadden said...

Heather: So true about the Buffy movie - Guess I forgot about it cause the tv show overshadows it so much;)

Dorian: Yes, and yes.

Zed: You're right with all yours EXCEPT #5

Anon: #5 is Joy Ride

So that leaves #s 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19 & 20. Anyone?
I'm shocked no one got #11 yet, I really am.

Andre Dumas said...

I have to go to work but #13 is Suspiria and #8 is Se7en #12 The Others

and #6 sounds like Scream but it's probably not.

I would know more if I had time to concentrate...rats!

Christine Hadden said...

Andre - you're right about 8, 12, and 13 - (and number 6 isn't Scream;)

Still a few left...

Hope said...

2. Silence of the Lambs...?
5. Joyride
8. Se7en

I'm positive on 5 & 8. Joyride used to be one of my favorites. ha! And Se7en is my favorite movie of all time. :)

Heather Santrous said...

#11 An American Werewolf In London

Christine Hadden said...

Heather: Correct. Love that line from An American Werewolf in London.

Hope: You're right about Se7en & Joyride, but #2 is Hostel (already guessed correct...)

Still waiting on #6,14,15,19,and 20.
Hint: Two of them are Stephen King adaptations...

Kris said...

#6 is The Ring(American remake)and # 20 is IT

Shy said...

Number 19 is Interview with a Vampire. Great movie but I prefer the Book series.

Horror Quotes said...

Excellent collection about horror quotes. I have collected many quotes from you. Thanks for sharing.