Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A Dark Arts October - Day 25

"ETERNAL ABYSS"

Destination - Abandoned PA Turnpike
Location - Breezewood, PA
Photographer - Derek McEntire


*A Dark Arts October is a month-long celebration of the work of 25 year old Derek McEntire, a photographer from Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  His eye for the melancholy and macabre in abandoned locations makes for a perfect feature for FASCINATION WITH FEAR for this, the spookiest time of the year.

Bio in his own words:   "I fell into photography by accident when visiting Eastern State Penitentiary.  After visiting,  I entered a picture I took in a photography competition and got first place... from that point on I fell in love with the art of photography.   My all time favorite artist is Andy Warhol and my favorite musicians include  Johnathan Davis of the band Korn, Billy Corgan from the band The Smashing Pumpkins, and Robert Smith from The Cure.  In my spare time I enjoy music and going to concerts, traveling and drinking coffee/teas.  My current project includes my 2018 Destination Abandoned Photography Calendar.  It will be up for purchase no later than December 2017."


Please check out his website www.derekmcentirephotos.com or email him directly at dmcentire71@gmail.com for more information on purchasing photos.
Instagram:  derekmcentire

No comments: