Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The joke's on me, apparently.

Oh. My. God.
Could this movie be any crappier?



I'm thinkin' no.

Let me start by saying I am a big fan of the original April Fool's Day (1986) and so I kinda veered away from this "re-make" (or maybe more like re-imagining)...
I would have been wise to just keep on veering.
As a matter of fact, I suppose I shouldn't even be talking about this movie as I actually didn't even finish it. I was lucky that I didn't pay any money to see it (at theaters or rental) - I watched (part of) it on Instant Viewing on Netflix.

This trashbinder of a film has really no reedeming qualities whatsoever. Pure excrement.
I really thought with Scout Taylor-Compton (Rob Zombie's Halloween) as one of the stars, it might be semi-worthwhile, but I would be mistaken.
The dark haired beauty on the cover in the red dress (Taylor Cole) would be much better suited for straight out modeling. She's pretty, but...
Well, maybe she's good in other parts - if she had better scripts to work with. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

The original April Fool's was campy and quirky and totally dated mid-eighties fare, but the acting was decent and the plot (though sometimes critisized as a cop-out) was fun. If you haven't seen that one, I'd suggest adding that to your must-sees.

The 2008 version has bad - no, AWFUL - acting, no real originality to the script, worthless death scenes (at least for as long as I watched it) and really un-likeable characters. I don't know why they made this film at all.

I just thought it was my duty to warn anyone reading this not to waste an hour and a half (or even 45 minutes, like I did) putting up with this debris.

So, to sum up - this movie sucks, if you hadn't guessed that already.
Steer clear.

No comments: