Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Festival of Lists: October 29: TWENTY-NINE Characters I'd Trade Places With

 Pretty self-explanatory post, don't you think?

Stevie Wayne (Adrienne Barbeau)  ~ The Fog
Who wouldn't want to be Stevie, really? With her sexy voice and her sassy attitude, along with the fact that she gets to spin cool jazz from inside a lighthouse?  Jealous here.

Jessie (Eliza Dushku)  ~  Wrong Turn
Maybe it's her take charge attitude combined with her vulnerability of emotion.
Maybe it's just her body I covet.


Baby Firefly (Sheri Moon Zombie) ~ The Devil's Rejects
Not just because she's beautiful, but because she's deadly.  A lethal combo.
Utterly intolerable in House of 1000 Corpses, a much improved baby is scads more interesting here.


Frederick Abberline (Johnny Depp)  ~  From Hell
The Ripper case has always intrigued me, so being a detective on the case who shares his downtime with a bottle of Absinthe and a hot bath?  Count me in. 

Selene (Kate Beckinsale)  ~  Underworld (series)
If I looked like this my husband would never let me leave the house.  And of course the fact that she is a kick-ass vampire doesn't hurt things much. 


Dr. Alan Grant (Sam Neill)  ~  Jurassic Park
I've loved dinosaurs since I was a kid, so I'd love to be Dr. Grant, if even for a day.
Matter of fact, a day is probably all I'd need.  That T-Rex is pretty intimidating.

Ana (Sarah Polley)  ~  Dawn of the Dead 2004
Simple nurse turned into billy-bad zombie killer.  Yeah, I'd like that.


Lila Crane-Loomis  (Vera Miles)  ~  Psycho
Though Marion got all the attention, Lila was the brains of the operation.
One, she didn't steal 40k. Two, she didn't meet her end naked. And three, we find out in Psycho II that she ended up with the luscious Sam in the end.  Good call.

Mike (Stephen Gevedon)  ~  Session 9
I can't help my insane curiosity either.  I would so be down in that basement listening to those tapes too.  Plus it got him out of stripping the poisonous asbestos.  Only thing is:  no way I'd be there after dark, alone, or both.

Sarah (Robin Tunney)  ~  The Craft
I was obsessed with this movie for a while, and while Nancy was the more charismatic one, Sarah was the true witch.  This makes her my new best friend.  Hair color change in the blink of an eye?  Make someone fall in love with you?  Use the powers of the elements to do your bidding?  Yes please.

Dorian Gray (Ben Barnes)  ~  Dorian Gray
While I realize it didn't end well for Dorian, he was having a helluva good time as long as he could.  Philandering all over the place, getting high on opium, and basically just leading a hedonistic lifestyle makes him someone anyone would want to be, at least for a time. 

R.J. MacRready (Kurt Russell)  ~  The Thing
Everybody loves Kurt Russell.  Do I really need to say anything more than I'd love to BE him?

Ginny (Amy Steel)  ~  Friday the 13th, Part 2
Ginny is my favorite F13 character, so it's no doubt I'd change places with her.  Even if it meant I had to put on that highly offensive old blue sweater!  I'd also have to find myself a new man.  Paul is rather a dolt.

Neville Flynn  (Samuel L. Jackson)  ~  Snakes on a Plane
Why?  Because it's Samuel L. Jackson, you fool!

Satánico Pandemónium (Salma Hayek)  ~  From Dusk Till Dawn
Why? Because it's Salma Hayek, you fool!

Gina (Kiele Sanchez)  ~  A Perfect Getaway
Oh how I love grit and determination in a woman.  Combine that with great looks, a cheeky southern accent, and Timothy Olyphant as a significant other?  Wow.

Chuck (Mark Ruffalo)  ~  Shutter Island
Even when we are all aware that he is Leo's shrink, it doesn't make him any less empathetic to Leo's case.
I took Psychology in college.  Now it just seems to be psycho-ology.

Jesse Reeves (Marguerite Moreau)  ~  Queen of the Damned
In all honesty, she is probably most who I'd want to be.  I love the way she looks, all goth'd out.  I love that she works as a paranormal researcher.  I love that she chases Lestat down, pursues him, and finally becomes his. 
Yep, I want to be Jesse.

Willow (Britt Ekland)  ~  The Wicker Man
Yes, I want to writhe around naked and attempt to seduce a Scottish police officer.  That kind of mirrors my life anyway.  Well, except the naked dancing and the police officer.

Armand (Antonio Banderas)  ~  Interview with the Vampire
Even though Lestat was the more dynamic vampire and Louis the soulful one, I've always been more fond of Armand, with his enigmatic nature and seductive manner.  If I had to be one of them, he'd be my choice.

Lucy Seward (Kate Nelligan)  ~  Dracula 1979
Though characters are interchanged and mixed in this version,  deviating from the book, I have a fondness for Lucy.  She's easily bewitched by the Count's gaze, yet holds her own and remains fiercely loyal.

Katrina Van Tassel (Christina Ricci)  ~  Sleepy Hollow
She gets to ride a white horse, wear a corset, and woo Johnny Depp.  Oh, and whip up some protection spells from her grimoire of magic tricks.  My kind of gal.

Asa Vajda (Barbara Steele)  ~  Black Sunday
If I could get a chance to be a vampire-witch combo, wear a black flowing get-up, and live in a castle, I'd have to say yes.  Of course her cruel death wouldn't be my cup of tea, but we all have our crosses to bear.  (no pun intended)

Michael Emerson (Jason Patric)  ~  The Lost Boys
Perhaps I just want to be a good looking guy for a change.  And if that looker can also be a vampire (for awhile) and get the girl, all the better.  Actually I think it's just my forever crush on Jason Patric.


Anita "Needy" Lesniki  (Amanda Seyfried)  ~  Jennifer's Body
While most people would choose the character of Jennifer, I disliked her thoroughly.  I empathized with the character of Needy, and let's face it - she was the strong one in the end. 

Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster)  ~  The Silence of the Lambs
I've always been fascinated with the FBI, and the fact that a woman in the biz was portrayed in such a positive light was a real turn-on.  Starling's character was a bad-ass in disguise, with brains and wit to match.

Muffy (Buffy) St. John (Deborah Foreman)  ~  April Fool's Day
I'd love to have a guest house on an isolated private island that I could turn into a bed and breakfast with a mystery-murder theme.  In fact, I'd love to just have the money to be able to do it. 

Grace Stewart (Nicole Kidman)  ~  The Others
Grace is a toughie, especially with her whiny children.  She's been alone for quite awhile since her hubby was listed MIA from the war.  And even when she hears things and begins to wonder about her own sanity she holds it together for the sake of her family.  Admirable
.

Marsha Quist (Elisabeth Brooks)  ~  The Howling
While normally I am not a fan of the big furry monsters, I'd have to make an exception in the case of Marsha Quist.  She's so mysterious and full of life (or should I say full of raw meat?)  Maybe it would be fun, for a change.  (Pun intended)

No comments: