Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Festival of Lists: October 27: TWENTY-SEVEN Quotes To Live By

In my life, I can relate almost anything to horror in some way.  Even some of the most popular quotes in history, I can associate to horror in nearly every case. 

Here's 27 examples.

The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living.
~
Marcus Tulius Cicero
(FRANKENSTEIN)

Tell the truth and then run. 
~
Proverb
(THE THING)

Life is not one thing after another. It's the same damn thing over and over!
~
Unknown
(TRIANGLE)

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. 
~
Confucious
(SPLICE)

True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen.
~Francois de La Rochefoucauld
(1408)

Drunkenness is nothing but voluntary madness.
~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca 
(SCREAM)

Death is the wish of some, the relief of many, and the end of all.
~
Lucius Annaeus Seneca
(SAW VI)


Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of fear.
~ Mark Twain
(THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS)

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
~
Bruce Lee
(I SAW THE DEVIL)

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.
~
Unknown
(THE WICKER MAN)

Chose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
~
Confucious
(MANIAC COP)

A mother's heart is always with her children.
~Proverb
(FRIDAY THE 13TH)



Men never remember, but women never forget
~Unknown
(DAY OF THE WOMAN a.k.a. I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE)

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
~
Edgar Allan Poe
(A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET)

Fear has its use but cowardice has none. 
~
Mohandas Ghandi
(CABIN FEVER)

I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes.
~ Hunter S. Thompson

(PROM NIGHT)

Fear? If I have gained anything by damning myself, it is that I no longer have anything to fear. 
~
Jean-Paul Sartre
(BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA)

Beauty is not caused.  It is. 
~Emily Dickinson
(THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN)
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. 
~Virginia Woolf
(HANNIBAL)
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
~Benjamin Franklin
(THE SHINING)

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my ax.
~
Abraham Lincoln
(TENEBRAE)

Breakdowns can create breakthroughs. Things fall apart so things can fall together.
~Unknown
(BLACK SWAN)

God couldn't be everywhere, so he created mother. 
~Jewish proverb

(PSYCHO)

Love is a serious mental disease.
~ Plato
(FATAL ATTRACTION)

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward
~Soren Kierkegaard
(MEMENTO)

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
~
Confucious
(PUMPKINHEAD)

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. 
~
FDR
(THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT)

3 comments:

Jeremy [Retro] said...

i wanted to thank you for all the hard work you have put in this month and year! awesome, awesome job!

Jeremy [iZombie]
iZombie Lover

Christine Hadden said...

Thanks Jeremy! It really means a lot.
And thank you for always throwing comments my way - they truly are my catnip ;)

Jeremy [Retro] said...

meow!